[opus] Testing ARMv8 Ne10 and intrinsics branch

Viswanath Puttagunta viswanath.puttagunta at linaro.org
Thu Apr 2 15:21:35 PDT 2015

Hello Thomas,

I use the following configure command to link against Ne10
Eg:

configure --host=arm-linux-gnueabihf --enable-intrinsics
--with-NE10-libraries=${BUILD_NE10_LIB}
--with-NE10-includes=${BUILD_NE10_INC}"

So, in my normal testing, I explicitly specify where the NE10 header
files are installed and where the NE10 libraries are installed.

Looking back at configure.ac (AC_DEFUN([OPUS_PATH_NE10],) , if you
want to go the prefix route, following should work
Eg: /usr/local/             (--with-NE10=/usr/local)
                      lib/
                             libNE10.so
                       include/
                          Ne10.h...
so, something like this should work
configure --host=arm-linux-gnueabihf --enable-intrinsics --with-NE10=/usr/local

But, I see the problem with the pre-compiled binaries at
http://people.linaro.org/~viswanath.puttagunta/opus/NE10_root/

simple --with-NE10=/usr/local will not work since I put the include
files in /usr/local/include/Ne10/ instead of just /usr/local/include/

You either must copy the /usr/local/include/Ne10/* into /usr/local/include/
and use --with-NE10=/usr/local

So explicitly specify location of library and includes using
--with-NE10-libraries=/usr/local/lib
--with-NE10-includes=/usr/local/include/Ne10

Regards,
Vish (Viswanath Puttagunta)
Cell: 972-342-0205
Technical Program Manager