[opus] Overload Point for OPUS

Jean-Marc Valin jmvalin at jmvalin.ca
Fri Jun 20 13:04:18 PDT 2014

Hi Marc,

It's not exactly clear how to define the an "overload point" for Opus.
In normal use, it's not a good idea to go beyond the +/- 32767 values
for 16-bit PCM or +/- 1.0 for float. That being said, internally Opus
can represent signals that are up to about 48 dB louder than the PCM
saturation point and if you use the float implementation you can
actually encode and decode files that are much louder than +/- 1.0.