[opus] Possible bug in opus_multistream_surround_encoder_create()

Brendan Bolles brendan at fnordware.com
Mon Jan 6 10:28:56 PST 2014

I get reliable crashes if I create a 6-channel encoder using opus_multistream_surround_encoder_create().  If I use opus_multistream_encoder_create() instead and pass in the same parameters that opus_multistream_surround_encoder_create() sends out (streams = 4, coupled_streams = 2, mapping = {0, 4, 1, 2, 3, 5}) I don't get the crashes.

I notice that opus_demo.c uses opus_multistream_surround_encoder_create(), but then that file also doesn't support more than two channels.  I only got my crashes when using 6 channels.

Brendan