[opus] about optimization

Ralph Giles giles at thaumas.net
Thu Feb 13 17:24:09 PST 2014

On 2014-02-13 5:03 PM, Xiangming Zhu (xiangzhu) wrote:

> We have some optimizations for x86-64 and SSE enabled CPU since encoding
> Opus stream on server side is time sensitive.
>
> The optimization is based on opus-1.0.3, and after 1.1 is released we
> have to merge the changes.
>

> The question is can we share back the optimizations to Opus repository?
> If yes, how can I do?

Great, we definitely welcome contributions. You can post patches here on
the list for review, or if there are a lot of them I can make you an
account on https://review.xiph.org/ and you can upload them there.

> The optimization is based on opus-1.0.3, and after 1.1 is released we
> have to merge the changes.

Have you already rebased your changes onto 1.1? There were some
significant C-level optimizations between 1.0.3 and 1.1.

 -r