[opus] [Opus][RFC][FFT][Fixed-Point][NEON] NEON-Optimize Fixed-Point FFT?

Phil Wang Phil.Wang at arm.com
Tue Dec 23 22:29:02 PST 2014

Hi,

I am working on DSP module of Ne10. I see there are fixed-point and floating-point FFT inside Opus. Is fixed-point FFT only a fall back for CPU without VFP? On ARMv7-A and ARMv8-A, benchmark result shows that fixed-point (int32) and floating-point (float32) FFT have similar performance. I guess fixed-point version is not often used on these platforms. Is it worth the effort to NEON-optimize fixed-point FFT?

Best Regards,
Phil Wang

-- IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium. Thank you.

ARM Limited, Registered office 110 Fulbourn Road, Cambridge CB1 9NJ, Registered in England & Wales, Company No: 2557590
ARM Holdings plc, Registered office 110 Fulbourn Road, Cambridge CB1 9NJ, Registered in England & Wales, Company No: 2548782