[opus] Question for members on using OPUS with Bluetooth

Robert Bean rbean at acousticstream.com
Wed Apr 16 14:35:48 PDT 2014

Hi All;

This is my first post to the OPUS group but I would like to find out if anyone is using OPUS over Bluetooth?  If so, I have some follow-up questions on the implementation strategies that have been used.

Is anyone using OPUS over A2DP?  Is it possible for off-the-shelf OPUS bluetooth devices manufactured by different companies to be compatible with each other?  If so, which A2DP Audio Codec ID is being used?  For this, do you use the 'Non-A2DP' ID, or is there an OPUS ID?

I'm not sure if this topic is better addressed with the Bluetooth SIG since this OPUS group is specializing in the CODEC itself and not it's implementation over Bluetooth.  Any information would be greatly appreciated.  We would like to support interoperability with the products we are building.

Thanks,
Bob Bean