[opus] looking for consulting assistance for opus

Bhavin Turakhia bhavin.t at directi.com
Thu Oct 10 23:26:28 PDT 2013

Hi folks

sincere apologies if this is not meant to be posted here. I am the CEO at
http://directi.com. One of our products http://talk.to is in the messaging
space and we are planning to add voice support to our application and are
currently investigating codecs (Opus, ilbc, isac, G.729, AMR etc). There
are several variables and obviously Opus would be our preferred choice
given its quality, VBR, webrtc support etc

given that we do not have much experience in selecting audio codecs and
optimizing the same, I wanted to ask if there are developers on the list
who would be available for consulting on an hourly basis to answer our
questions and assist us in making our decision and implementing the same
afterwards. we would like development assistance on the following -

* questions and running tests around adjusting complexity of opus and
determining effect on PESQ scores, cpu, and battery consumption
* assistance in compiling opus for ios and android
* assistance in writing an opus module for freeswitch
* optimizing the settings of opus in different connectivity, bandwidth and
packet loss scenarios

Please ping me at bhavin.t at directi.com if you can help us on this

Thanks in advance
Bhavin