[opus] OPUS implementation with FPGA

Benjamin Schwartz ben at bemasc.net
Sat Oct 5 14:40:38 PDT 2013

I'm not aware of an FPGA implementations yet.  You could be the first!

An encoder implementation would be much easier, because there are almost no
rules about encoders.  An encoder is free to behave any way it wants, so
you could implement a very small subset of Opus and still have a compliant
(and useful) encoder.

A decoder implementation would be much harder, because decoders are
required to implement the entire standard, at all modes, samplerates,
bitrates, stereo/mono, etc.  However, an HDL implementation of a decoder
would be more impressive, and maybe more useful to others.

I recommend starting with an encoder.