[opus] OPUS in embedded platform

van Bijleveld Christian (ST-CO/ENG1.3) Christian.vanBijleveld at nl.bosch.com
Mon May 13 05:57:55 PDT 2013

Hello,

I am interested in porting OPUS to an embedded platform. The idea is that the encoder and decoder will run on different processors. In order to choose the proper platform, I need an estimate of the resources which are needed for OPUS.

I read the following in the OPUS wiki:

"The Opus code base is written in C89 and should run on the vast majority of recent (and not so recent) CPUs. A few of the platforms on which Opus has been tested and is known to run include x86, x86-64, ARM, Itanium, Blackfin, and SPARC."
Are there, or is it known, figures regarding the resources needed for OPUS to run on an embedded platform such as DSP or microprocessor? If exact figures are not available, but if anyone can give an indication about which type of platform is required at least, I would appreciate very much. I can image that the amount of resources for the encoder and the decoder may be different.

Another question: does OPUS need the support  of an Operating System or Real Time Kernel (ie; threads,...)?

Met vriendelijke groeten | Best Regards,
Christian van Bijleveld

Bosch Security Systems BV
Bosch Communications Systems, BL Public Address and Conference Systems (ST-CO/ENG1.3)
P.O. Box 80 002
5600 JB  Eindhoven
The Netherlands
www.boschsecurity.com<http://www.boschsecurity.com>