[opus] repacketizing unrelated frames

Marc Lindahl marc at bowery.com
Fri Jul 26 15:57:26 PDT 2013

I can't quite figure this out from looking at the repacketizer code.

Let's say I have 4 separate stereo streams (say from an 8 channel converter)  and want to transmit them somewhere in one stream e.g. RTP or the like.  (assuming, custom format if necessary)

So could I merge 4 packets with the repacketizer, TX the merged packets, on the other side RX them then split them with the repacketizer, and feed each of the 4 to a separate decoder to recover the audio?

Or when you merge do the 'states' get blended somehow on the assumption the audio is all the stream, monotonically increasing time-wise?

Thanks!

Marc