[opus] Opus on Analgo Devices ADSP-21489

Robert Radrua robert.radrua at gmail.com
Tue Jul 16 01:42:44 PDT 2013

Hi,

I am evaluating the opus codec for use in an embedded design.
I have successfully ported opus on a TI C5502 (fixed poin dspt) but need to
use
a more powerful dsp processor for our application.
With the C5502 it takes 4.5ms to encode 2 (mono) channels with a 5ms frame
@80kbits per channel. I need to reduce the computing time to reduce latency
and leave some time for the DSP to perform some other tasks.The ADSP-21489
with
it's floating point architecture seems like a good fit. It also runs faster
@ 450Mhz
instead of 300Mhz for the C5502.
My question is : can I expect faster computing when opus is compiled in
float mode
rather than in fixed mode ?

Thanks for your input.

Robert