[opus] First Version of OpusDrop

Martyn Shaw martynshaw99 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 16:07:35 PST 2013

Hi

On 25/02/2013 19:24, Dennis Heerema wrote:
> Op 25-2-2013 7:44, Foveon schreef:
>> Hello everybody,
>>
>> I just want to inform you, that the first alpha-version of a GUI for the
>> opustools for Windows is online available [1]. Critics and comments are
>> welcome - maybe someone know how to transfer that project to an open
>> source site.
>>
>> with greetings,
>>        Daniel Thomae
>>
>> [1] http://foveon.de/sonstiges/opusdrop/index.htm
> Hi All,
>
> I wonder how we can think of and create more software for opus!
> To get OPUS adapted by the rest of the world (like mp3) we have to make
> sure there are tools enough to push OPUS in to the world.

I would like to see OPUS supported in Audacity (and I'm an Audacity
developer) but I don't have the time to do it.  Does anybody else?  I
would be willing to support this in term of getting it tested and
committed.  We already support OGG and Vorbis, Monty used to be on the
team here.  But I don't know much about the libraries.

TTFN
Martyn