[opus] Opus Major Version Benchmarks on Raspberry Pi

Stuart Marsden stuartmarsden at finmars.co.uk
Fri Dec 20 05:58:09 PST 2013

I determined that opusenc 0.1.8 was fine now that I have been more careful
how I compiled it. I therefore did a run last night with 1.0.3 and 1.1
using opusenc 0.1.8 and 0.9.14 with opusenc 0.1.2.

I did 30 repeats this time to try and cancel out any slight OS glitches. I
seem to get reasonably representative results.

It shows quite clearly a slight speed up in 1.1 at complexity 0-3, about
the same at 4, slightly slower at 5 & 6 and much slower at 7-10. Also it
appears that on this platform at least there is no point ever using
complexity 8 and 9 because at best they are the same speed as 10 and often
slightly slower. It will be interesting to see if that is the case on other
platforms.

Link to new graph: http://ubuntuone.com/0qHPOiOUglTMsTKtZGkHHC

[image: Inline images 1]

I will continue doing some benchmarking now I have automated on my set up.
Anyone got any definitive samples that would be good for benchmarking?

Best Regards,

Stuart Marsden

Tactical Communications Consultant
FinMars Consulting Ltd