[opus] libopusfile's memory management.

alpha thinktink alphathinktink at gmail.com
Sat Aug 24 19:29:18 PDT 2013

Would it be possible to include a re-export of the malloc, calloc, realloc,
and free being used by opus file's implementation of OpusTags handling?
This might seem redundant or ridiculous but I'm having difficulty getting
the right versions that my compiler allows that's compatible with
libopusfile.  In the debugger I can see that the memory location that my
malloc is returning is different from what libopusfile is returning in tags
handlers.  So of course when I call opus_tags_clear or any other tags
modification routine on an OpusTags struct with contents created by my call
to malloc it throws an exception.

At the moment I've worked around it by loading and using MSVCRT.dll's
malloc, calloc, realloc, and free but I have a feeling it's the wrong way
to go about that.  I found it in the call stack trace when my debugger
caught an application defined exception on the call to opus_tags_clear.