[CELT-dev] CELT support for android

Benjamin M. Schwartz bmschwar at fas.harvard.edu
Sun Oct 30 20:05:47 PDT 2011

On 10/30/2011 10:50 PM, Pryush Sharma wrote:
> so if I wanted to unofficially port CELT to android myself what level of
> support is already available, like something already ported, or do I need
> to start from scratch?

CELT has been merged into Opus [1], so the question you probably want to
ask now is "how can I use Opus on Android?"

The current implementation of Opus is libopus, which is written in
platform-independent C.  The only thing you need to do is to write an
Android NDK build specification for it.  This takes the form of an
"Android.mk" file, which you should be able to derive from our simple
Makefile:

http://git.xiph.org/?p=opus.git;a=blob;f=Makefile.draft;hb=HEAD

Good luck.  If you do produce a working Android.mk, let us know.  Maybe it
can be incorporated into the main libopus tree.

--Ben

[1] http://opus-codec.org/