[CELT-dev] Error resilience

Jean-Marc Valin jmvalin at jmvalin.ca
Thu Mar 17 11:11:21 PDT 2011

Hi,

CELT always puts the most important bits first, so the best is to only
look for errors in the first N bits. If there is an error in these
bits, consider the packet lost. If not, continue decoding as usual.
For mono, N should be in the order of 64 bits, but you may want to
test by yourself. Note that CELT has some ability to detect errors,
but it is *very* limited (e.g. at some rates, you may detect only
1/1000 of corrupted frames).

    Jean-Marc