[CELT-dev] CELT 0.11.1 is out

Jean-Marc Valin jmvalin at jmvalin.ca
Tue Feb 15 10:27:21 PST 2011

Hi everyone,

I'd just like to announce CELT 0.11.1 (sorry about failing to announce
0.11). The bit-stream is now is "soft-freeze", which means we won't
change it unless we find bugs -- which we did between 0.11 and 0.11.1.
The API should also be close to the final API. Compared to 0.10.x there
are also small quality improvements, mostly at high bit-rate.

I'd also like to encourage people to test the latest Opus codec release.
You can get it at http://opus-codec.org/ . For those who don't know,
Opus integrates all of CELT, plus Skype's SILK speech codec. The Opus
codec is in the process of being standardized at the IETF.