[CELT-dev] CELT grabbing 100KB of memory right off the top

Brett Paterson brett at fmod.org
Mon Apr 18 21:32:13 PDT 2011

We don't even use configure, you are expecting us all to install mingw on
windows or something just to set this up?  What about embedded platforms
like consoles?
We support something like 15 platforms, most of them embedded, and 2 of them
probably support configure (linux and mac).  Unzipping and compiling is what
we're talking about by 'out of the box', and this is made a lot easier by
using #ifdefs which you already have in various headers.  I don't like non
standard keywords (excluding c99) not having some sort of namespace to make
it obvious that it is celt specific.  Not namespacing stuff like this can
cause conflicts with other libraries in my experience too.

Brett Paterson | CEO
FMOD by Firelight Technologies Pty Ltd
Interactive Audio Middleware | www.fmod.org