[CELT-dev] Bad artifacts at 32kbps

Benjamin M. Schwartz bmschwar at fas.harvard.edu
Thu Apr 14 11:46:19 PDT 2011

On 04/14/2011 02:09 PM, Andrew Lentvorski wrote:
>> http://git.xiph.org/?p=users/jm/ietfcodec.git;a=blob;f=README;hb=HEAD

> Should I be using a different repository than I currently am?  I'd hate to
> make patches/changes on a dead repository.
>
> I pulled with:
> git clone git://git.xiph.org/celt.git

That's fine.  The "ietfcodec" Opus repository actually includes that celt
repository by reference as a git submodule.  It's literally two routes to
the same repo.

> First up is figuring out how to preallocate all of the RAM I will need.

I think libcelt already does that, but you can do the allocation yourself
by calling celt_decoder_get_size(_custom).  You can also meddle more
generally by modifying

http://git.xiph.org/?p=celt.git;a=blob;f=libcelt/os_support.h

I'm not familiar with the details in that department.

--Ben