[CELT-dev] PLC cpu performance badness

Ross Bencina rossb-lists at audiomulch.com
Tue Nov 30 09:13:49 PST 2010

Hello all

Firstly thanks to everyone involved for creating CELT. It is really very
useful :-)

One of my targets is current generation Apple iPod with the fixed point
decoder (latest version from website, 0.9.1)

Based on my simple time-stamp based profiling of my running app it looks
like decoding a null buffer for PLC costs a lot more than decoding a normal
buffer. For example a standard decode takes about 1ms but the PLC decodes
are predictably taking either 2.6ms or 4.4ms

Is PLC inefficiency a known issue? Is there a way to get it to use the same
amount of CPU as a normal buffer decode?

I'm happy to help optimise or debug this.. I'm just not sure where the best
place to start is.

Thank you

Ross.