[CELT-dev] Getting CELT to work under Windows

George de Vries George.deVries at oa.com.au
Fri Jun 25 00:06:29 PDT 2010

Hi I can confirm that the latest release 0.7.1 as per the download page works on windows on both Visual Studio 6 and Visual Studio 2010 with no problems at all.

I have tested both versions using frame_size = 256 and bytes_per_packet = 46 @44.1 khz and there is no evidence of any problems with the audio.

>From memory, setting up a visual studio project is very easy, one simply needs to drag in the source and header files from the libcelt directory into the project and define HAVE_CONFIG_H is the project's pre-processor definition.

The tricky part is to build a config.h file.  To get it to work on VS some of the important settings include.

#define CELT_BUILD
#define USE_ALLOCA

#undef VAR_ARRAYS
#undef restrict
#undef HAVE_STDINT_H
#undef inline

#define inline __inline
#define restrict

#undef HAVE_LRINT
#undef HAVE_LRINTF

I have also tested the windows version compiled as fixed point, again without any problems.

I can supply a config.h and project file on request.  black_190 on the domain hotmail.com.

Regards
George de Vries
Senior Software Engineer
Open Access