[CELT-dev] C55xx Linking Error

Mike Hooper mihooper at bellsouth.net
Wed Jun 2 13:17:13 PDT 2010

I am attempting to port CELT to the TI C5515 DSP. I am
compiling/assembling/linking with Code Composer Studio 4. I have enabled the
TI_55 specific optimizations in my config.h file per this
<http://lists.xiph.org/pipermail/celt-dev/2008-December/000033.html>  post.
However, I am getting several "undefined symbol" linking errors that do not
make sense to me. According to the error message, these all appear to be
part of mdct.obj. But looking at the code in mdct.c, there is no reference
to "alloca". Nor have I defined "USE_ALLOCA" since the TI complier does not
support it. Can anyone spot an error on my part, or is this yet another
quirk of the CCS4 suite (there have been many).

Here's a listing of the console error messages.

undefined        first referenced

  symbol              in file

 ---------        ----------------

 _alloca          C:/Documents and Settings/Mike/My Documents/TI
Workspaces/workspace_libcelt/libcelt81/Debug/libcelt81.lib<mdct.obj>

 _cbrev32         C:/Documents and Settings/Mike/My Documents/TI
Workspaces/workspace_libcelt/libcelt81/Debug/libcelt81.lib<mdct.obj>

 _cfft32_SCALE    C:/Documents and Settings/Mike/My Documents/TI
Workspaces/workspace_libcelt/libcelt81/Debug/libcelt81.lib<mdct.obj>

>> Compilation failure

 _cifft32_NOSCALE C:/Documents and Settings/Mike/My Documents/TI
Workspaces/workspace_libcelt/libcelt81/Debug/libcelt81.lib<mdct.obj>

Any help would be much appreciated.

MikeH