[CELT-dev] CELT 0.7.1 is out -- sort of

Jean-Marc Valin jean-marc.valin at usherbrooke.ca
Thu Jan 21 21:08:25 PST 2010

Hi everyone,

I'd like to announce CELT 0.7.1, which improves the quality of the
packet loss concealment (PLC), but does not change the rest of the
codec. For this reason it is the first release NOT to break bit-stream
compatibility with the previous release (0.7.0). But I promise not to do
it again, the next CELT release will likely break compatibility once
again. Note that the PLC improvements have not been completely converted
to fixed-point yet, so the fixed-point still uses the old PLC. Last
thing, the default name of the library was changed to libcelt0.so to
make it easier to do the transition when the final 1.0 release comes out
(with frozen bit-stream and API).

Now, we're currently experiencing some problems with the mirrors, so the
only way to get 0.7.1 for now is through git (it's tagged as "v0.7.1").
As soon as the problem is solved, the tar.gz will be available for
download on the website as well.