[CELT-dev] Fwd: C Prog

Jochen Kilian jochen.kilian at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 00:31:02 PDT 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jochen Kilian <jochen.kilian at gmail.com>
Date: 2010/8/20
Subject: Re: [CELT-dev] C Prog
To: Jean-Marc Valin <jean-marc.valin at usherbrooke.ca>

Hi

Was writing about an similar issue a week ago (just after signing in to the
mailing list. Somehow I never got an answer, but the mail appears in the
archive. Here again my positing, maybe someone can help.

Hi All

I am trying to build the latest version 0.8.1 using Cygwin under Windows.

Configure:
Everything builds well using the default configuration (configure with
no additional parameters).
trying to use: configure --enable-fixed results in a warning:
unrecognized option.

As I found --enable-fixed-point in the config.in as parameter I run
the configure with --enable-fixed-point
Now the configure runs well.
The final screen of the configure says: Automatic configuration OK
Fixed point support <yes>

Make:
But if I run now make, I do end up with the following error during linkage:

in libcelt/mathops.h:176: undefined reference to `_ec_ilog´

There are also many warnings with: visibility attribute not supported
for this configuration.

Any ideas?

Was somebody able to build the fixed point version?

In the same context if I want to evaluate the quality:
What is the quality difference between the fixed and the floating point version?

Thank you very much
Jochen