[CELT-dev] multichannel

Jean-Marc Valin jean-marc.valin at usherbrooke.ca
Fri Oct 16 03:59:37 PDT 2009

OK, here's the fine print. The frames are coded independently, but
there's still a tiny bit of memory (typicaly 64 samples) that is used to
make a smooth transition between blocks (plus a single filter memory
coefficient for the de-emphasis). None of that has an impact on the
re-synchronisation, which is why I still say that the frames are
independent. Outside of PCM codecs, no codec that I know of has frames
with zero overlap and memory because that would cause artefacts at the
frame boundaries. Hope that clarifies things.

Now, if you *really* need to save space, you can always hack something
to store separately just the 65 coefficients that are really important
and different from one stream to the other and then use just one state.

	Jean-Marc