[CELT-dev] multichannel?

Dirk Griffioen dirk.griffioen at barcelonamedia.org
Tue Oct 13 03:07:35 PDT 2009

Hi,

I was wondering if it would be possible to do multichannel encoding with
CELT.

 From the documentation & the code I understand that CELT currently
encodes mono (1 channel) or stereo (2 channels).

I would like to use CELT in a multichannel setup, to encode (and stream)
n mono channels. Just n mono channels, not a layout like 5.1

With vorbis I can do this, but vorbis adds a lot of latency to the whole
process - so my question is would this be possible? (Maybe interleave
channels?)

Best regards,

Dirk Griffioen
Barcelona Media