[CELT-dev] Need Info on Celt-dev

Benjamin M. Schwartz bmschwar at fas.harvard.edu
Wed Nov 25 10:00:10 PST 2009

Jerry Floyd wrote:
> I need to know if this software can help me embed streaming audio into
> items(lots) in my online auctions. I am looking for the capability on high
> ticket items to be able to explain the benefits and features of that
> particular lot.

CELT is mostly useful for live, two-way interactive audio, like for a
telephone conversation.  It doesn't sound like that's what you want.

If you're streaming a pre-recorded audio file, you'll do a lot better
using Ogg Vorbis.  Vorbis support is included by default with Firefox 3.5.
 One good way to include an audio file in a web page this way would be to add:

<audio src="my_audio.oga" width="200" height="20">
  <applet code="com.fluendo.player.Cortado.class"
          archive="cortado.jar" width="200" height="20">
    <param name="url" value="my_audio.oga"/>
  </applet>
</audio>

where cortado.jar is a copy on your server of
http://downloads.xiph.org/releases/cortado/cortado_latest.jar

--Ben