[CELT-dev] arecord pipe to celtenc just stops

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Tue May 26 06:15:16 PDT 2009

oops. Too busy fixing up my To: lines, I forgot to include part of my message

On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 9:06 AM, Gregory Maxwell <gmaxwell at gmail.com> wrote:
> Celtclient is a minimalist
streaming client for CELT suitable for realtime use.

Doing real-time low-ish latency streaming is a bit more complicated
than simply arecord|celtenc|nc: you need jitter-buffering and you
can't use ogg because the ogg paging system will add a delay of many
frame-times. Celtclient is pretty much the bare minimum needed for
real time streaming of CELT.

Celtclient uses UDP directly and only adds two bytes per packet of
additional overhead but provides very little in the way of features.