[CELT-dev] arecord pipe to celtenc just stops

Paul Sykes paul at paulsykes.co.uk
Tue May 26 02:49:18 PDT 2009

Hi all,

Just found out about this codec and I'm really impressed.

I compiled celt-0.5.2.tar.gz on my desktop and tried out a few tests.  I
then did a native fixed point arm compile on my beagleboard which also
worked a treat.

Before I get started with the library I was trying to see if I could
grab some real time audio, encode it and write to a file using arecord
in conjunction with celtenc.  I tried this using the below command but
unfortunately the encoder just exists straight away with no errors,
anybody else tried this?

arecord -t wav -c 2 -r 44100 -f S16_LE | celtenc - test.oga

Recording WAVE 'stdin' : Signed 16 bit Little Endian, Rate 44100 Hz,
Stereo
Encoding 44100 Hz audio using stereo (93 bytes per packet)
paul at x61laptux:~/src/celt-0.5.2/tools$

thank you,
Paul.