[CELT-dev] listening experiment

Mon Mar 16 07:40:06 PDT 2009

Hi Pablo,

Quoting "Pablo F. Hoffmann" <pfh at es.aau.dk>:
> I was wondering whether there have been some listening experiments done
> to test how well spatial information is preserved in the celt signal,
> e.g. comparison of sound localization performance for the original
> uncompressed sound and the celt sound (most probably for different bit
> rates).

Sorry, we have not yet performed listening tests on stereo files. In fact, we've
been working on a new stereo coupling algorithm in the exp_stereo branch and
we'd be interested in feedback on that work before we replace the current
algorithm with it. Any specific application for which you're interested in CELT
spatial information preservation? Note that the stereo coupling is
non-parametric, so as the bit-rate increases, no spatial information should be
lost.