[CELT-dev] trouble building celt on Fedora

Jean-Marc Valin jean-marc.valin at usherbrooke.ca
Wed Jan 7 04:09:21 PST 2009

Hi Peter,

Peter Robinson a écrit :
> I'm looking to package up celt for inclusion in Fedora as the next
> stable release of ekiga/opal will have support for it. I've run into
> two issues in compiling it into a rpm. The first is a show stopper,
> then second one not so much of an issue but thought I'd report it for
> reference.

Actually, recently Monty was working on packaging CELT for Fedora and
(AFAIK) succeeded, so maybe you can use what he did.

> The first issue is due to the celtdec and celtenc explicitly define
> rpath. I get the following errors when building the packages:
> celt.x86_64: E: binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath /usr/bin/celtdec ['/usr/lib64']
> celt.x86_64: E: binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath /usr/bin/celtenc ['/usr/lib64']
> ERROR   0001: file '/usr/bin/celtenc' contains a standard rpath
> '/usr/lib64' in [/usr/lib64]
> ERROR   0001: file '/usr/bin/celtdec' contains a standard rpath
> '/usr/lib64' in [/usr/lib64]

The thing is that the Makefile.am doesn't mention rpath at all. Any idea
what's the problem? I don't remember Monty complaining about that one.

> The other issue I have (which I work around with the --disable-oggtest
> configure option) is that the test app doesn't build.

What app doesn't build? Do you have libogg-devel installed?