[CELT-dev] adding celt support to netjack some questions.

Tue Nov 25 07:53:48 PST 2008

Quoting torbenh at gmx.de:
> > I guess I'll have to think about it. Last time I checked, I found that
> > there was no gain in going above 512-sample frames because you easily
> > get pre-echo and the pitch predictor no longer works. Of course, one
> > possibility would be to pretend we're using 1024-sample frames and just
> > pack two 512-sample frames per packet.
>
> thats exactly what i propose.

There's just one problem in that I'm not sure what to do about ambiguities. For
example, is a 768-sample pseudo-frame 2*384 or is it 3*256?

> well primarily... i am doing something different.
> i am clocking a jack server on a slave machine, to the soundcard on the
> master machine. the main use case is ethernet, where a second computer
> can be dedicated to number crunching.
> and its not even required to have a soundcard.

Still sounds similar to what you would do with PulseAudio when you run a sound
application remotely and want to listen to the output locally.