[ogg-dev] Min and max cutoff frequency

Fernando Alberto Marengo Rodriguez fmarengorodriguez at yahoo.com.ar
Thu Mar 21 09:54:57 PDT 2013

Dear Monty,

> You can sometimes make a prediction based on the encoder and specific encoding mode...

How can I make such prediction for different encoding modes?

> so, for what reason are you actually asking

I am asking this because we are studying the OGG Vorbis format and its applications. We are very interested in constructing an audio player hardware, based on DSP or DSPic, and the audio files are stored in an SD card. There exist some audio players like this, but are based on PIC and an MP3 decoder VS1011. These players do not work for OGG Vorbis encoded audio files. We are more interested in decoding these files, since OGG is open source. Do you happen to know any Ogg Vorbis audio player?

Thank you very much and best regards,

Fernando