[ogg-dev] can you suggest on extending ogg as short-clip container and the make of its tool?

Benjamin Schwartz ben at bemasc.net
Tue Mar 5 22:19:45 PST 2013

On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 7:43 PM, <gildororonar at mail-on.us> wrote:

>  very short context clips, most of them less than one
> second, only chokes file systems.

I'm not sure how you reached this conclusion, but I think you should
revisit it.  I think everyone, including you, will be a lot happier if you
store each sound effect clip in its own file.  This is a common practice
for sound effects and samples in ogg.

If you have many thousands of sound effects clips (unlikely), you may need
to separate them into different subdirectories for filesystem performance
reasons, but that is still going to be a better solution than concatenating
them.