[ogg-dev] status of oggpcm?

Conrad Parker conrad at metadecks.org
Thu Aug 25 16:31:38 PDT 2011

Hi,

how much software support do you actually require? You're not
streaming audio data, so you don't need player/browser support. There
is no liboggpcm, but if you are basically dumping raw data into the
stream it should be relatively straightforward to create it with
libogg or liboggz. For streaming it out, oggpcm is supported by
oggz-chop (part of liboggz,  works with apache etc.).

For the metadata, are vorbiscomment tags (a set of name=string tags at
the start of the stream) enough?

cheers,

Conrad.