[ogg-dev] Skeleton 4.0 final draft

Chris Pearce chris at pearce.org.nz
Thu Jun 10 17:16:14 PDT 2010

  Hey all,

I've created a new wiki.xiph.org page for Skeleton 4 which includes
OggIndex. It's here:

http://wiki.xiph.org/Ogg_Skeleton_4

It would be nice if interested parties could take a look, and make sure
it all makes sense, is coherent, clear etc.

I removed the new granulepos-related fields we were discussing, until we
can clearly define what's needed. Skeleton 4 now has compulsory "Role"
and "Name" message header fields.

I have no plans to change the 'index' packet format further.

Sebastian Dröge tells me he's implemented OggIndex support in gstreamer!
Woot!

I have updated my OggIndex program to produce files in this format, and
I'm currently rebasing my OggIndex-support Firefox patch.

Chris P.