[ogg-dev] Fwd: Skeleton 4.0 draft, help with Dirac fields please!

Ralph Giles giles at thaumas.net
Wed Jun 2 13:19:05 PDT 2010

On 31 May 2010 20:51, Chris Pearce <chris at pearce.org.nz> wrote:

> Ok, thanks Silvia. I'll keep working on OggIndex/Skeleton 4.0 without
> the new granulepos fields, and if they're ready in time I'll include
> them, otherwise they can wait until Skeleton 4.x.

I was waiting for Monty so summarize his ideas too, but from the irc
discussion, it sounds like the extra field description is (a) more
complicated than I thought when I brought it up in January and (b) the
current Dirac mapping has fixed widths for everything, so it's not
necessary to specify it in skeleton for Dirac to work. So, I second
going ahead without adding anything special to support reordered
codecs.

 -r