[ogg-dev] Compiling the Xiph QuickTime component project in Xcode 3.2

Arek Korbik arkadini at gmail.com
Sun Jul 25 14:59:33 PDT 2010

Hi,

On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 10:34 PM, Dmitry Kichenko
<dmitrykichenko at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've sent this question to flac-dev not realizing that QT development
> belongs in ogg-dev. As it pertains more to the QT component than to
> the FLAC project itself, I thought I'd repeat the question here in
> hopes of some kind of suggestions or pointers. I'm basically
> attempting to compile the Xiph QuickTime component project, which
> fails to build. Its dependencies compile fine, but the project itself
> spits out a myriad of related errors.
>
> Thank you!
> -----
> I pulled the latest source code of the Xiph QuickTime component from
> the SVN repo along with all the external dependencies including FLAC.
> I've been able to compile the FLAC.framework file using the 10.5 SDK
> in Xcode 3.2 with a dozen or so warnings, but have been unable to
> compile the entire Xiph.org QuickTime component project. It seems the
> dependencies compile just fine, but then things explode with a
> fountain with hundreds errors all of the same nature, choking
> seemingly on struct definitions, for the most part:
>
> src/flac-1.1.0/src/libFLAC/include/protected/file_decoder.h:26:0
> src/flac-1.1.0/src/libFLAC/include/protected/file_decoder.h:26: error:

Right. For the SVN's version of XiphQT you'll need version 1.2.1 of
FLAC. Other versions will likely fail to build without tweaking the
build files.

Also, make sure you're not using FLAC's own Xcode build files - XiphQT
includes all the necessary build files for FLAC.

Let us know if the above helped,
Regards,
Arek