[ogg-dev] Compiling the Xiph QuickTime component project in Xcode 3.2

Dmitry Kichenko dmitrykichenko at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 11:34:21 PDT 2010

Hello,

I've sent this question to flac-dev not realizing that QT development
belongs in ogg-dev. As it pertains more to the QT component than to
the FLAC project itself, I thought I'd repeat the question here in
hopes of some kind of suggestions or pointers. I'm basically
attempting to compile the Xiph QuickTime component project, which
fails to build. Its dependencies compile fine, but the project itself
spits out a myriad of related errors.

Thank you!
-----
I pulled the latest source code of the Xiph QuickTime component from
the SVN repo along with all the external dependencies including FLAC.
I've been able to compile the FLAC.framework file using the 10.5 SDK
in Xcode 3.2 with a dozen or so warnings, but have been unable to
compile the entire Xiph.org QuickTime component project. It seems the
dependencies compile just fine, but then things explode with a
fountain with hundreds errors all of the same nature, choking
seemingly on struct definitions, for the most part:

src/flac-1.1.0/src/libFLAC/include/protected/file_decoder.h:26:0
src/flac-1.1.0/src/libFLAC/include/protected/file_decoder.h:26: error:
expected specifier-qualifier-list before 'FLAC__FileDecoderState'

and

/Users/dmitry/Developer/objc/xiph-qt/build-macosx/../OggImport/src/importer_types.h:99:0
/Users/dmitry/Developer/objc/xiph-qt/build-macosx/../OggImport/src/importer_types.h:99:
error: syntax error before 'Track'

are some of the repeating examples of errors.

I've tried building PPC, 32 and x64 builds, as well as the universal
ones, but they all fail with the same errors. Would anyone be able to
point me in the right direction? It seems like I'm just missing a
compiler argument or a project build setting.

Thanks in advance!