[ogg-dev] handling multitrack Ogg

Frank Barchard fbarchard at google.com
Tue Feb 2 16:11:15 PST 2010

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 1:47 PM, Silvia Pfeiffer
<silviapfeiffer1 at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 5:07 AM, Frank Barchard <fbarchard at google.com>
> wrote:
> > It sounds like you're on the right track.  There are 2 places I would
> start
> > looking - DVD's, and Quicktime.
> > Quicktime is mature and the container is the basis for mp4 and 3gp.
>
> That's what the post referred to - how it was done in QuickTime.

Yes, and its good to learn from DVD's too.
They have user interfaces to present for audio and subtitle tracks.
They're a source for content.  A tool that could convert DVD to a movie with
multiple audio and subtitle tracks would be great.

> > Re
> > if (video.tracks[1].lang == "fr")          video.tracks[1].enabled =
> true;
> > It would help for W3C to standardize language codes.  Quicktime uses 3
> > characters, Ogg uses 2 characters?
> > There are also variations of the same language.  Can a script find a
> closest
> > match?
>
> There are standards for language codes. They are not all 2 characters long.
> http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/struct/dirlang.html explains what is
> in use in W3C.

But I think quicktime doesn't use these codes?
For example, spanish is spa vs es?