[ogg-dev] handling multitrack Ogg

ter et at ihear.com
Tue Feb 2 10:33:03 PST 2010

On Tue, 2010-02-02 at 22:01 +1100, Silvia Pfeiffer wrote:
> Right now, I can see two different systems: the order in which their
> BOS pages are given in the Ogg header part - or the order in which the
> serial numbers go, when ordered. Alternatively, we can introduce an
> explicit track ID and order by that number.
>
> I'm curious what others think.

I have had to solve a similar problem with ALingA[1], but not in the
specific context of annotated video.

Whether the serial number is the same as the track id, the two have to
be in 1-1 correspondence. So it would be simpler to use the serial
number as the track id. I have not found this identity to be an obstacle
in implementations.

HTH,

Elaine

[1] http://www.ihear.com/FreeCLAS/wiki/ALingA