[ogg-dev] gstreamer oggmux and variable framerate

Alexey Fisher bug-track at fisher-privat.net
Thu Aug 19 08:06:35 PDT 2010

Hallo all,

I currently hacking on cheese an got problem with variable framerate
produced by webcams (2-30fps). There is no problem to encode it with
theora, but problem to mux it in ogg. Or at least to play produced file.
There is no problem tu mux it in to matroska.

My question is: should actually ogg support timestamps, also variable
framerate? If yes: it seems to be some where broken.

Here is what i use to reproduce my issue: gst-launch-0.10 -e pulsesrc !
queue ! audioconvert ! vorbisenc ! queue ! oggmux name="muxer" v4l2src !
video/x-raw-yuv,width=320,height=240 ! ffmpegcolorspace ! theoraenc
keyframe-force=1 ! muxer. muxer. ! filesink location=foo.ogg

Regards,
	Alexey