[ogg-dev] oggz-merge.exe

Frank Barchard fbarchard at google.com
Mon Jun 29 14:46:02 PDT 2009

Thanks J! 099 zip failed, but 098 worked.  Theres a little inconsistency in
naming with and with -, but oggzmerge worked like a charm!replaced

ffmpeg -y -i sync2.ogg -i sync.ogv -vcodec copy -acodec copy sync2.ogv

with

oggzmerge sync2.ogg sync.ogv -o sync2.ogv

And the video validates fine with oggzinfo

E:\mediatests\sync>oggzinfo sync2.ogv

Skeleton: serialno 0000009280
        3 packets in 3 pages, 1.0 packets/page, 36.842% Ogg overhead
        Presentation-Time: 0.000
        Basetime: 0.000

Vorbis: serialno 0000014758
        10054 packets in 42 pages, 239.4 packets/page, 8.086% Ogg overhead
        Audio-Samplerate: 44100 Hz
        Audio-Channels: 2

Theora: serialno 0000031488
        5403 packets in 2091 pages, 2.6 packets/page, 1.049% Ogg overhead
        Video-Framerate: 29.970 fps
        Video-Width: 720
        Video-Height: 480

and plays smoothly.

The versions of the tools I attempted to build with vc and mingw didnt work.
But I think the average users are happy to take any tools they can get, and
I encourage you to make binaries available for all the ogg tools.
It would also be nice if someone from ogg helped get ffmpeg working better.