[ogg-dev] chaining support

Conrad Parker conrad at metadecks.org
Sat Jun 20 09:27:25 PDT 2009

2009/6/20 Silvia Pfeiffer <silvia at silvia-pfeiffer.de>:
> I agree, this has been a huge problem - and in fact is a problem with
> html5 <video> more generally than ogg.
>
> How do you think that a chain identifier in skeleton will make it
> possible to have e.g. a single seek bar over a stream? Would it be n
> timelines or one?

I was thinking that it would be useful to identify sections that are
logically part of the same content.

eg. if you edit out some part of file A, and end up with the chain A1,
A3. Then after that you play file B, and after that you play some data
derived from file C.

You might end up with a chain sequence like A1, A3, B, C1, C2, C5.

Perhaps it would make sense to give a seek bar for (A1, A3), then
reset it for B, and reset it for (C1, C2, C5).

Does that make sense?

(Use cases would be useful here...)

K.