[ogg-dev] Fixing ogg vorbis corruption caused by bad metadata

ogg.k.ogg.k at googlemail.com ogg.k.ogg.k at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 18 08:04:20 PDT 2009

> yow, that's pretty badly corrupted, the vorbis codebooks (usually the
> third packet) is completely gone. It looks like you'd need to throw

FWIW, yesterday I tried to dump the file, and replace the comments
and codebooks packets with some the ones from a known good file,
and dump -r it, but since you say dump -r doesn't preserve segmentation
(not sure what you meant there), that might be why it did not work. I
also don't know how much the codebooks header would change between
files, I didn't try to work out which rate/channels/etc to match with a
codebooks packet from a matching stream.