[ogg-dev] Ogg Skeleton

Conrad Parker conrad at metadecks.org
Tue Jun 9 03:08:10 PDT 2009

2009/6/8 ogg.k.ogg.k at googlemail.com <ogg.k.ogg.k at googlemail.com>:
>> any new fields. However, I cannot even find Dirac in oggz
>> http://git.xiph.org/?p=liboggz.git;a=blob;f=src/liboggz/oggz_auto.h;
>
> There's dirac.[ch] in the tools directory, though I haven't looked
> at what's in there. Not sure why it's segregated like that.

Dirac has a very clever granulepos scheme which allows the normal
granuleshift method to be used for calculating timestamps; hence no
special extra code was required in liboggz for the granule->time
mapping. The file Silvia checked (oggz_auto.h) is just documentation
of the BOS pages (it is entirely comments). It could be updated with
Dirac info, but it doesn't affect the functionality.

The special code for dealing with Dirac is mainly in the tools,
especially in oggz-chop where the packet dependencies need to be taken
into account. The Dirac support was completed throughout in the 0.9.9
release.

The separate dirac.c file comes from the original patch for adding
Dirac support. Suggestions/patches for moving that into liboggz more
cleanly are welcome ;-)

Conrad.