[ogg-dev] libogg++ release 1.1.0

ter et at ihear.com
Fri Jun 5 13:23:41 PDT 2009

(Sorry, Sylvia, about the duplicate, hit the wrong reply button.)
On Fri, 2009-06-05 at 08:07 +1000, Silvia Pfeiffer wrote:
> Hi Elaine,
>
> I flipped through some of the code but wasn't really about to
> determine this: Do you also support Skeleton in libogg++ ?
Hi, Silvia. I studied your multi-track work when I was working on
ALingA. It was a valuable guide.
No, libogg++ tries to be agnostic about codecs. As I understand it, the
Ogg format is inherently multi-track, but does not mandate any
particular multi-track protocol.

> If you are creating multitrack Ogg files, they should contain a
> skeleton track to identify the different contained tracks.
> http://wiki.xiph.org/OggSkeleton
ALingA is a multitrack format
(http://www.ihear.com/dtds/ALingA/0.1/ALingA.dtd) which has a skeleton
track (what I call the co-ordinating stream), but one that is very
specific, and based on the notion of a Manifold. It is implemented in
the separate library libalinga, subclassing libogg++ to do the Ogg
stuff

>  And if the files aren't audio or
> video files, you should then use the extension .ogx
> http://wiki.xiph.org/index.php/MIME_Types_and_File_Extensions .
libogg++, libalinga and libneuro are all agnostic about whether the
signal streams are audio or video or not. These libraries are aimed at
analytical processing, and not at online multimedia. They defer to
applications to conform to MIME naming.

> You may already be doing all of this - I just wasn't able to verify,
> therefore the question.

I appreciate your interest, and would be happy to answer more.

Regards,
Elaine