[ogg-dev] Fixing ogg vorbis corruption caused by bad metadata

Adam Rosi-Kessel adam at rosi-kessel.org
Tue Jul 14 11:12:53 PDT 2009

Ralph Giles wrote, on 7/14/2009 1:00 PM:
> Well, it's a warning for a reason; the file is still valid and will
> play, it's just telling you some data is missing compared to the
> original encode. Renumbering the pages (and fixing the crc's after the
> change) would remove the warning, if that's what you want.

Does one of the rogg tools (or some other tool) renumber pages? Or would
I have to do write something to do this? I assume the page number is
just a byte in the packet header so would be easy enough to fix if no
one has done this yet.

> Cool that you've gotten them fixed!

Yes, and I take it you are the rogg author, so thanks for saving my
1000+ files! For posterity, I will post my ultimate unified solution
here -- I think it should be almost entirely automated.

Adam