[ogg-dev] Fixing ogg vorbis corruption caused by bad metadata

Ralph Giles giles at xiph.org
Tue Jul 14 10:00:09 PDT 2009

On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 9:48 AM, Adam Rosi-Kessel<adam at rosi-kessel.org> wrote:

> The only issue I'm noticing is ogginfo reports:
>
> Warning: sequence number gap in stream 1. Got page 14 when expecting
> page 2. Indicates missing data.
> Warning: discontinuity in stream (1)

I'd guess this is flagging the data that was overwritten by the bad
tagging code. Some audio is missing, but 12 pages isn't enough to be
noticeable in most files.

> This doesn't seem to interfere with proper playing, but does anyone have
> a suggestion for a simple fix here? I suppose I just need to renumber
> the pages?

Well, it's a warning for a reason; the file is still valid and will
play, it's just telling you some data is missing compared to the
original encode. Renumbering the pages (and fixing the crc's after the
change) would remove the warning, if that's what you want.

Cool that you've gotten them fixed!

 -r