[ogg-dev] Fwd: Vorbis-java wav-ogg encoder produces distorted OGG file

Monty Montgomery monty at xiph.org
Thu Dec 10 11:19:18 PST 2009

On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 1:30 PM, Frank Barchard <fbarchard at google.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 10:06 AM, Monty Montgomery <monty at xiph.org> wrote:
>>
>> Vorbis-dev might be better....
>
> My issue is with theora/thusnelda for xiph tools.

We never saw that message (your response to Solomon).  Thus my
question about where you and Solomon were actually conversing.

> I didn't see a solution to my problem?  Last time I tried, I used this
> version:
> ffmpeg2theora 0.25+svn16605 - Xiph.Org libtheora 1.1 20090822 (Thusnelda)
> I have a video I could post somewhere that does not compress properly with
> xiph, but does with ffmpeg.
> On the latest ffmpeg I saw a patch that added 422 and 444 for ogg.  But they
> dont seem to work.  Does ffmpeg2theora this?

I see, I could take a look at the video.  If you can put it somewhere,
let me know, I will grab it and have a look.  I'd also like to see the
exact command lines you've been trying to use to compress it.

Thanks,

Monty